martes, 27 de abril de 2010

Evolution: Debated Everywhere

I have always seen the debate in the United States between Evolutionists and Creationists as another one of the many battles between the Red and Blue States. My perception was that only the conservative, fundamentalist Christians were the driving force behind the Creationist movement and that it was only in states where these groups were a strong political force was the credibility of Evolution questioned. This article, however, drastically adjusted my perspective on the issue, because it was a school district in Weston, Connecticut that felt teaching 3rd, 4th and 5th graders about Evolution was too controversial. When I think of conservative strong holds in the U.S., Connecticut does not even enter my radar. What this proved to me is that Evolution is a controversial throughout the country and we cannot only think of this as an issue that only affects a few places. This also makes me think about the future of our country and how we should continue to move forward and create a more educated populace. To do this I think it is very important to educate the youth of this country about Charles Darwin and Evolution. I think disregarding this piece of history, because some people disagree with Evolution, is a great disservice to education, because even if a person disagrees with his findings, Charles Darwin changed the way people thought and that is a lesson that every child should be exposed to.

Full Article: http://www.thehour.com/story/485043

Darwin Rocks.

Sam

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario